Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year to One And All

The Christmas Cactus Plants Seem Well, Don't They?

Lets hope this is symbolic of the year to come for us all.
I re-potted two cactus plants about 6 weeks ago and today they are flourishing, as you can see.

I hope to be able to report better things for the human species of our household soon.
My wife is soldiering on valiantly and we hope she can continue holding her own against that dreaded disease afflicting our family. Her hormone therapy seems to be keeping things at bay.

Maggie May is doing well with her chemo as you can see from her posts, and her lump is much smaller already. Her husband, Harry, is battling away as well.

As for me, I have a date to see the surgeon regarding my ever more painful left hip. I shall see him on 15 January and I am told surgery should be shortly after that. I am looking forward to getting it all out of the way and being a lot more mobile. Currently I can just about walk with the aid of a stick and it is very painful sleeping at night. I cannot bear any weight at all on the bad leg unfortunately which makes me rather useless in the household at present, since I like to help with the vacuum cleaning and similar chores.

Further, the pain killers I was taking were affecting me badly about 2 months ago, causing me to sleep badly and to act a little out of character on occasions - apparently worse around early October. I know I was acting rather strangely in the real world about that time and I regret that very much. However, I cannot put the clock back unfortunately.

My son was 18 yesterday and had a great surprise when no less than 22 of his friends arrived at a restaurant in Bristol when he was expecting a quiet meal with his girlfriend. She had arranged everything. Never knew the lad was so popular. He must take after his dad of course. LOL

Anyway, enough of us.

I want to wish you all, in Blog Land and in the real world if you are reading, a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year.

May 2010 be very kind to you all and may you flourish just like my Christmas Cactus plants, blooming healthy!!

17 comments:

  1. I wish that, some way, 2010 would begin with your entire family well and relieved of all their afflictions. I know it doesn't usually happen that way so I can just pray that medicine and medical will work and that pain will lessen and that hearts will be happier and whole in the near future.

    Much love to you and yours in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too Eddie - 'meeting' you in 2009 has been an utter pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eddie, i hope you have a magical new year wfilled with some amazing miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that 2010 brings good health to everyone in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the new year bring some well-deserved miracles your way. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you only good things for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing all the best in the coming year, Eddie. My thoughts and prayers are heading across the ocean to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear friend, Eddie...
    Happy New Year to you.
    I am hoping that 2010 will be a very good year.
    I'm glad that Maggie is getting along better....so glad to read that her tumor is shrinking. Praises to His name for all the answered prayers for her.
    I am so very sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty and pain with your hip. I knew that it was giving you trouble, but I didn't realize it was as bad as it is. I know that you look forward to the date when something can be done for you regarding your hip.
    I will surely be praying for you on that date.
    What a happy occasion for your son to be surprised on his birthday with a lovely party. It sounds like he has a sweet and caring girlfriend.
    Please, give Maria a special hug from me. Happy New Year to you, my friend. I'm so glad we met.
    Many smiles and warmest hugs to you from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping that 2010 is going to be kinder to us all.
    Wishing you the very best of everything that you wish for yourselves. ...... Peace, love, health and happiness.
    At east you WILL be having the operations very soon :-)
    XXXXXXX

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year!!! I pray for joy, peace and healing for you and your family.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very best wishes, Eddie.
    I hope everyone in your family gets improved health in 2010. You've had a tough 2009.
    My bro had both his hips replaced, in ONE operation!! 5 years ago, at age 40. He made a very quick recovery, in part because he had donated/stored his own blood for the necessary transfusion during the op.His golf handicap hasn't improved though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, Eddie. I'm wishing that by this time next year, you'll have a much MUCH better year to review. Wishing you all improved health.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Eddie! The cactus plants look lovely. Keep well!

    Hugs!
    xo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Eddie, goodmorning dear friend.

    1. I am praying for your wife and Maggie.

    2. Is your hip arthritis? If so have you ever tried that Tylenol arthritis? I may have mentioned it to Maggie too.

    3. Your son, happy birthday to him.

    4. I'm honoured Eddie, but I can't even wrap my head around my day right now.

    Happy New year dear light.

    Love Renee xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Eddie, sorry to hear about these woes lingering around your family. May 2010 be more joyful and more peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year, mon cher amis! Keep the faith and hopefully things will get better for you and your dear family in 2010. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers and sending wishes for a healthy and Happy New Year! And a Happy Birthday to your son on his 18th!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eddie, you know you and yours are in my prayers. Even more so, now that I know you have a Christmas cactus. What with my (thus far) successful attempts at keeping a poinsettia alive for the past three years, I have an affinity for anyone who valiantly succors some foliage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.