Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Saturday 24 April 2010

The Sunday Roast

The Thoughts And Musings Of A Chap Called Skunkfeathers



After this famous little motif here is the man who leaves his commenting calling card.




This week's interview is with Mike
who writes the blog,
Skunkfeathers

Thank you for the interview, Mike

A very warm welcome to you and your followers



Here's the first of the standard questions. Why do you blog?

My 'knack' for writing was recognized well before I acknowledged it. In the mid 90s, through what can only be called a 'fluke', I began writing a weekly humor column for a small town newspaper in Colorado. In '99, a friend convinced me to start a web page, featuring my columns. When the paper changed hands and I was discontinued in December 2000, I was used to posting on the web page -- known as Out of (Cyber) Thin Air -- twice weekly, and kept it up for years. A writing friend -- a blogger herself since 2004 -- pestered me into starting a blog in June 2005. It became my hobby, and remains so to this day (I pulled the plug on my web page in March 2007). That's a quick "how I came to blog"; why I blog is, it is, as stated, a hobby. A fun, intellectual hobby. And it's brought me into contact with some incredibly talented, gifted people I have the honor to read and be read by. Every time I do a post that gets one smile or *guffaw*, is reason enough for me to continue.

What's the story behind your blog name?

When I first went online in 1995, my first email address was horsefeathers; since then, I've used cowfethers, moosefeathers, badgerfeathers, snowsnakefeathers, t_rexfeathers ... about the time I started my blog, I commissioned an artistic friend to draw me an icon for my new blog, Skunkfeathers. And that's the way it's been, ever since.

What is the best thing about being a blogger?

The people I've met online, the fabulous talents I've had the pleasure to read and exchange correspondence with, and befriend. And it allows me to share my off-the-wall brand of humor with a degree of comfort; it also allows me to combine my off-the-wall humor with something of a public service: unmasking/making fun of online email scammers, and posting my escapades with them for readers to enjoy (I've been an active scambaiter since 2000).

What key advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

Be wary of pet rocks that disassemble your TV remotes, and reassemble them AFTER watching an The Outer Limits marathon on the Sci-Fi Channel ... it'll get you interesting blogs, but mayhem on the home front.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever read?

That's a tough question to answer... and about the time I try, a more significant post by one of several quality bloggers I read will come along. The significance is, there never seems to be a 'ceiling' in the quality of bloggers.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever written?

Again, a tough one to answer. I think the one I wrote that meant the most to anyone -- besides some of the military history posts I've done -- was a tribute to a fellow blogger who is always going out of her way to help others; then she suffered a mild stroke (TIA), and I wrote a piece for her titled A Time To Give, A Time To Heal. This was back in '06 or early '07; she still reminds me that it's her favorite entry I've ever written.

If you were to suggest two blogs for roasting who would you pick, and why?

I don't know if these have been through the roast before but I have several in mind:

She of She Writes who is worthy of all the attention she gets.

Other wonderful blogs I would recommend are:
Sniffles And Smiles (Janine Abbott)
Baron It All (Frank Baron)
A Day In The Life of Me (Monica Newton)
Mayden's Voyage (Cora Blinsmon)

The why is simply the quality of the product these bloggers bring to their respective blogs. I'm never disappointed with a visit to any of their blogs, unless they haven't posted in a while.


(Thank you Mike for these fine recommendations - I will be writing to all these popular bloggers in due course)

That concludes the formal aspect of the interview but it would be nice to get to know you a little better while you are slowly turning on the roasting spit. So while you are screaming in agony above the open fire here are a few more questions for you.

Pick three things you can't live without (no you cannot have ice cubes to cool you down)

My sense of humor, my blog friends, and my storm chasing.

If we were to make a movie about blogland, what would it be and who would you cast in the leading roles?

Ah, a sore spot with me right now; my pet rock Seymour, keeps trying to write movie scripts he claims are first-run and one-of-a-kind; all of them appear to be knock-offs of classics, done in parody-style ("are NOT!"..that was Seymour in the background). So if a movie about blogland were going to be done, I'd leave it to Seymour...I'm comfortable that Steven Spielberg will never option the script ("will TOO!").

If you could live your life again who would you be, and why?

If I could live my life again, I'd live it as me. And hope to do it better. Being able to go back and do it again, retaining the wisdom and lessons I've learned/squandered up to now, would be a triple plus. At any rate, why would I want to be someone else, with my own glaring imperfections staring me in the mirror?

You have been given a wonderful talent from above. This causes you to make your mark on humanity and be world famous. In which area would prefer: a best selling novelist, a brilliant artist, a gifted musician, a fantastic singer, a charismatic leader, anything you choose, and why?

I'd settle, albeit reluctantly, for the best selling novelist. But with fame comes a price; I'm not sure it's a price my preference for a low-key lifestyle would reckon well with. But I'm not famous, so no worries ;-)

If you were an ice cream cone, which flavour would you prefer and who would you most want to lick you?

Oh horsefeathers, that's easy: chocolate. Women LOVE chocolate. 'Nuff said.

(Yet another fine answer - I've had several good ones lately LOL)

Describe in one sentence your perfect day

I write a blog entry that everyone who reads it, laughs aloud.

If you were a fictional writer which one would you be and why?

I'd be me...I don't see myself in the ranks of the top fiction writers of the day. I'd settle just to be me, and write something that people enjoy reading.

And finally if you have answered all these questions I invite you to ask me one in return - it's the least I can do. OK fire away!

Well, lemme see h'yar...*mulling*... okay ... if a sheep is a ram, and a donkey is an ass, why is a ram in the ass a goose?
*Jeopardy Theme Music*

Now ladies please shut your eyes while I answer Mike's question. Oh go on then, but I did warn you!
Because
he likes to ram his point home of course! Also he trys to solve riddles, is a bit sheepish, confuses geese with turkeys and requires the services of SpecSavers! There - understand it now?


Thanks for the opportunity, Eddie.

You are most welcome Mike and a popular choice. Thanks for the interview.


_____________________________________________________

Today's Sunday Roast with Skunkfeathers is the 113th in a weekly
series of interviews with bloggers from around the world. ________________________________________________

This interview will feature in The Roll of Honour
for all published Roasts. To view press
HERE
________________________________________________

Next week's roast is SueAnn at Slommler

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both. I am on my way to visit Skunkfeathers. And thank you too for the blogs recommendation.

    Happy blogging and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always enjoyed reading Skunkfeathers!! His blogs never fail to amuse me and make me laugh aloud. Great interview!!!
    Now I am off to visit the blogs he recommended!
    Thanks Eddie!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate the roast, Eddie! Well done! See what I just did there? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since Skunk took my "well done" line I'll say it was a savory roast! Skunk Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great roast eddie...love the name, and dont know that i have ever met skunkfeathers...so off to fix that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Sir Eddie...Now you've gone and done it! Roasted Skunkfeathers! What an aroma! LOL...

    Seriously, Mike is absolutely a favorite! (I am truly honored to be noted here by you, Mike. Thank you!)

    Mike is, despite his own self-deprecation, a wonderfully, talented writer and humorist. I always look for a laugh at Mike's place, and I am never disappointed! But more than that, he is one of the most generous,selfless, and thoughtful bloggers I know.

    ...Much like another terrific blogger known around these parts for his Sunday Roasts ;-) Hmm...Le Skunk et Le Sharke....make for a magnificent meal! Thank you, Eddie, for being such a true friend to me and to so many other bloggers, for that matter...your wit, genuine concern for others, and humor guarantee that your blogs and Sunday roast will continue to be done to perfection!

    Thank you both for a fabulous roast! I will be savoring this one for a long time. Love, Janine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading Skunks forever, it seems. I always keel over laughing.

    Plus, he's a heckuva REAL person. Guys like Mike make the blogging community a better place.

    Good roast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Skunkfeathers. Now I know how he got that name too. I love how he plays with scammers.

    Very well done.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eddie-this was a fun one to read :)! I always wondered about his blog name and have never thought to ask!

    Skunkfeathers-THANK YOU for your kind words about my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Skunkfeathers! His bouts with scammers have been hilarious reads! Thanks so much for roasting one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh- The beloved Skunk :) He's NOT a total loss in the kitchen (Pixter and I can attest to this, or at least we didn't die from the goodies he sent :). However, his real talent is in the size of his heart, and his ability to CHOOSE to laugh in any given (and often difficult) situation- and next his gifted way of expressing himself to us.

    If a cheerful heart is indeed good medicine, the world needs a dose of Mike everyday...and I mean that♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I have never come across Skunk feathers before.
    Sounds a real interesting character, blogger and writer.
    Will pop over there now.
    Good interview both of you!

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your comments. Skunk is a great writer and I agree with everyone who praises him. He is a great sport as well. I love doing these roasts - come on everyone let's promote this colimn further together - it helps us all to get to know each other a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was great, thanks for doing it. Skunkfeathers is a staunch "scam baiter". I don't know how he has the time or patience for it, but he does. He proves them to be not only "slow" but plain stupid. Glad to call him a blog friend.

    Debbie
    Right truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Couldn't resist another peek at perfection here! Wonderful roast! I'm still smiling and savoring! ;-) ~J.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great interview Eddie, I haven't met skunk feathers before but I will pop over and visit now.
    Big Hugs.......:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another newbie I need to get my lazy butt round to reading :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.